MJD-ALL-05: Legal Assistant Job Description
Created: July 6, 2016
Functional Area: Inbound Sales
Reports to: Marketing Director
The Legal Assistant’s primary duty is to convert prospective client “leads” to “shows” within the perfect client lifecycle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather, qualify and record leads from outside referral sources, website & social media comments, email & text messages and inbound telephone calls.
- Run conflict of interest check on all leads by searching prospective client and case name on computer data base.
- Record prospective client information, including their name, address, phone number, email address and brief description of case in infusionsoft.
- Set appointments for initial consultation with Senior Consultant.
- Enter prospective client contact information in MyCase if they “show” for their initial consultation.
- Refer unqualified leads to up to 3 attorneys from our Allied Referral Partner Panel (ARPP).
- Convert potential clients to initial consultations (“shows”) by following our 11 point script.
- Make follow-up (outbound) calls to potential client leads until they convert to “shows” by following our 11 point call script.
- Harvest prospective client personal information to assist with closing and serving their needs.
- Enter prospective client lead information into our constant contact drip email system.
- Manage our InfusionSoft drip email system.
- Prepare and send “Shock & Awe” packages to all prospective client leads.
- Prepare and deliver weekly report to Marketing Director. Report must contain statistics regarding the number of qualified and non-qualified leads, number of appointments set, number of sets that showed, number of cancels, number of reschedules, number of referrals sent to ARRPs, number of new emails added to email list, and the number of shock and awe packages sent out.
Legal Assistants must have the ability to bond with people from all walks of life–especially those between the ages of 53 and 63. They must understand our service areas, and quickly and effectively match them with client needs. They must also have a desire to seek continuous training in the areas of sales and client relations. They must have the ability to use telephone and computer systems, including cloud based platforms. They will do what they do so well that people can’t help telling others about our firm.
This Make-You-Happy Job Description insures that all Legal Assistants meet or exceed client expectations. They must perform as directed using this description, operational instructions, and training unless they find it no longer meets or exceeds client expectations. If that happens, they must take care of the client’s needs first. Then, draft and deliver any proposed job description modifications to the Senior Consultant.
Apply to this position