Senior citizens are sadly vulnerable to being taken advantage of, especially if they have mental or physical challenges. If you have an elderly loved one that you believe has been the victim of financial abuse, contact The Legacy Lawyers for help in taking steps to protect him/her.
While no two cases of elder abuse are the same, there are certain things you should look for in determining if mistreatment or neglect has occurred. Some of the clues can be the result of other causes, so any single indicator is not conclusive evidence that your loved one is being taken advantage of financially. However, if you see a pattern, it is time to take immediate action. A few common indicators include:
- Assets or personal belongings go missing
- The senior citizen has new friends that are exercising influence over him/her
- Your loved one is not paying his/her bills
- You notice unexplained withdrawals or transfers from the elderly persons bank accounts
- Bank statements are no longer delivered to the elders home
- Your loved one has executed new legal documents without understanding what he/she signed
- You notice questionable signatures on the senior citizens checks or other financial documents
- Your loved one does not understand financial arrangements that have occurred and cannot answer your questions regarding his/her finances
We can help you take action to stop financial abuse of an elderly loved one. There are lots of good reasons to act quickly if you think financial abuse is occurring. If you have an elderly loved one that you believe has been the victim of financial abuse, contact The Legacy Lawyers for help in taking steps to protect him/her. Simply call: (714) 963-7543. At The Legacy Lawyers, we are dedicated to your peace of mind.