If you have received a trust accounting that you believe is insufficient, or perhaps you have never received a trust accounting, we can help. A trustee’s duties vary depending on the type of trust involved and the terms of the trust, but the trustee must submit an accounting pursuant to Probate Code §§16060 – 16064, 15800, 15802 – 15805. According to Probate Code §16063(a), the account must contain all of the following:

  • A statement of receipts and disbursement of principal and income
  • A statement of assets and liabilities
  • Information concerning the compensation of the trustee its agents
  • The relationship of the agents to the trustee
  • A statement that the recipient may petition for court review
  • A statement that claims against the trustee for breach of trust may not be made after 3 years from receipt of a report or account disclosing facts giving rise to the claim

If you are the beneficiary of a trust and you have been unable to obtain an accounting, we can help you compel the trustee to provide an accounting. This means that we will file a petition on your behalf seeking an order to compel a trustee to account. There are certain factors that must be considered before filing a petition, so if you are interested in pursuing this course of action, it is important to call us today to schedule an appointment. To talk to one of our attorneys, please call us at: (714) 963-7543. You will not get the “typical law firm” feel from our office. We are different. Our systems are designed to save you time, to save you money, and to put you in control. At The Legacy Lawyers we are dedicated to your peace of mind.