Pursuant to Probate Code §15642(b) a trustee may be removed for any good cause including, but not limited to, any of the following reasons:
- Breach of duty to act impartially, to avoid self dealing, to avoid bias
- Trustee is unable to pay off debts or unfit to administer the trust
- Hostility among co trustees that impairs administration
- The trustees failure to act or declining to act
- Excessive compensation
- The sole trustee is a disqualified person
There are lots of good reasons to act quickly if you think a trustee is abusing their fiduciary duties. Feel free to contact us to reschedule your no-cost consultation. We are truly here to help. Simply call: (714) 963-7543. At The Legacy Lawyers we are dedicated to your peace of mind.