- Court procedures. There are numerous pleadings that must be filed with the probate court, including an inventory and appraisal of the estate assets. We also make arguments to the court if there is a will contest or the validity of the will is questioned.
- Creditors. Creditors of the estate must be given notice of the probate action. We address the creditors claims and respond to any inquiries.
- Estate taxes. We know how to minimize estate taxes to help ensure that the bulk of the estate is passed to beneficiaries, rather than to the government.
- Transfer assets. We help transfer the deceaseds title to real estate and other assets to the named beneficiaries.
- Guardian issues. If a minor child has lost his/her parents, we assist with issues related to establishing a legal guardian for the minor.
- Executor. In some cases, we are named in the deceaseds will as the executor of the estate. This means that we are paid a fee out of the estate to handle all tasks related to the probate of the will.
We understand that the probate process can be confusing and overwhelming. It is our goal to make it as simple as possible for you.
We will carefully walk with you every step of the way. You will never be left wondering what to do next. Start today by calling to schedule your no-cost consultation: (714) 963-7543. At The Legacy Lawyers, we are dedicated to your peace of mind.