- An experienced probate lawyer knows each step of the process and has systems in place to keep your case moving in an expeditious manner. We file all of the required pleadings with the court and ensure that creditors of the estate receive a timely notice to file their claims. In fact, we assist you with every step of the probate process, making sure it is handled correctly and protecting you from personal liability.
- You may think it will be easy to deal with the beneficiaries of the estate because they are family and/or friends, but nothing can complicate relationships quicker than arguments over money. Heirs and beneficiaries may be unhappy with their inheritance or they may challenge the validity of the will. These types of objections can complicate the probate case and cause it to drag out for several extra months. Our attorneys will also negotiate with creditors of the estate to help ensure only valid bills are paid.
- We assist you with handling the final income taxes, and we analyze the estate to help determine any estate tax consequences. It is imperative that all tax matters are handled correctly to protect you from incurring personal liability.
- We make sure you get paid for your services. You dont want to devote all your time and effort to administering the estate without being fairly and reasonably compensated.
- Our attorneys assist you with distributing the assets to the beneficiaries and obtaining the proper releases. We protect you every step of the way, including making sure the estate is finalized and closed with the court.
If you have been appointed to administer a loved ones estate, you dont have to go through this alone. We will do most of the “heavy lifting” and maintain an open line of communication throughout the entire process. Call today if you have any questions: (714) 963-7543.